You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘bear’ category.
This guy was a huge hit at my friends baby shower. The best part is they are naming their son Theodore, or Teddy for short, so its perfect for him!! And he was so much fun to knit! I had issues with his nose – originally he looked like he was an anteater rather than a polar bear, so I ripped back his nose to 22 stitches and decreased every row until I had 12 total, then grafted. I think it made a huge difference! (See Otto in original form below) Loved the construction of this guy, and kudos to Ysolda for writing a fantastic pattern that’s sooo easy to read.
I also finished up my Leyburn Socks and the Alpaca Shrug (finally!!!) and I’m going to try and get pictures of the FO’s today!
Pattern: Baby Bobbi Bear by Bobbi Intveld
Needles: US7 Addi Turbo Circular Needles
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in Sand
Mods: I used a provisional cast on (my first!!) for the body to add the butt and legs. I didn’t do the duplicate stitch for the neck because I didn’t want to fiddle with it, especially with the Organic Cotton.
Overall result is that I love the bear but really didn’t like knitting it up. The Organic Cotton had no give and if ripping was necessary it had a tenancy to tear apart, which made me absolutely crazy. The softness of the yarn makes up for this however. Its is soooo soft. The good this is that now Elisa has a friend 🙂