You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘baby’ category.
This guy was a huge hit at my friends baby shower. The best part is they are naming their son Theodore, or Teddy for short, so its perfect for him!! And he was so much fun to knit! I had issues with his nose – originally he looked like he was an anteater rather than a polar bear, so I ripped back his nose to 22 stitches and decreased every row until I had 12 total, then grafted. I think it made a huge difference! (See Otto in original form below) Loved the construction of this guy, and kudos to Ysolda for writing a fantastic pattern that’s sooo easy to read.
I also finished up my Leyburn Socks and the Alpaca Shrug (finally!!!) and I’m going to try and get pictures of the FO’s today!
Another Elijah! I may be knitting one more this month…
Pattern: Elijah by Ysolda Teague
Needles: US 4 Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN’s
Yarn: Plymouth Suri Merino in Lime #1310, 1.25 balls
Mods: I added short rows to his trunk for a permanent curve, less floppy ears
The last time I knit Elijah I thought I wanted to figure out how to make this little guys trunk curve permanently, and I thought short rows would work perfectly, and they did! I also inadvertently left out a row in his ear shaping, so I repeated the mistake for the 2nd ear. Knitting this little guy never gets old!!
Needles: US Size 3 Addi Turbo Circs, 32″
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Lanett in Pink #4101 – just less than 8 balls
My friends have baby fever, therefore I have Elijah fever! Sorry the picture isn’t so hot – Its really icky today with not much light coming through the cloudy skies.
Needles: US2 Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN’s
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Yellow #001 – 58 grams
The Tangled Yoke is done except for weaving in the ends and adding buttons. I’m going to try and finish that by this coming weekend.
Needes: US1.5 Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN’s
Mods: None, I followed the pattern for the larger size.
Pattern: Baby Bobbi Bear by Bobbi Intveld
Needles: US7 Addi Turbo Circular Needles
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in Sand
Mods: I used a provisional cast on (my first!!) for the body to add the butt and legs. I didn’t do the duplicate stitch for the neck because I didn’t want to fiddle with it, especially with the Organic Cotton.
Overall result is that I love the bear but really didn’t like knitting it up. The Organic Cotton had no give and if ripping was necessary it had a tenancy to tear apart, which made me absolutely crazy. The softness of the yarn makes up for this however. Its is soooo soft. The good this is that now Elisa has a friend 🙂