I finally finished Lelah. Here she is:
Pattern: Lelah by Christine Buhagiar at Knitting for Boozehags
Needles: US7 and US9 Addi Turbo Circulars 24″
Yarn: Reynold’s Lopi Lite in Navy, 4 balls
Mods: I added short rows to this top to accommodate my bust. When I hit mid-bust, I added 12 total short rows by repeating 6 short rows at a time. Since I knit this in the round, I wrapped and turned using the Japanese method, for 6 rows, then came back and picked up all the wrapped stitches by knitting one complete round, then started another section of short rows. I also added one round of purl stitches to make it easier to fold over the top for the elastic band. The straps were added because I need to wear a bra, so I picked up 6 stitches where my bra would be, and knit the straps in k1p1 sequence. My mom helped me sew the straps to the back as well as sewing in the elastic.
Overall, I’m happy with this knit. It fits me well, and the straps perfectly cover my bra straps. I learned how to knit short rows, and although its not perfect in Lelah (I had some small holes), I know I’ll need short rows often to alter patterns to fit my bust, and I think with practice it’ll be invisible.